Here's a list of IP addresses of Dota2 servers around the globe.
Region Server Location IP Address
US West Washington, USA 22.214.171.124
US East Sterling, USA 126.96.36.199
Europe West Luxembourg 188.8.131.52
Europe East Vienna, Austria 184.108.40.206
SE Asia Singapore 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168
South America Brazil 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199
Russia Stockholm, Sweden 188.8.131.52
Australia Syndey, Australia 184.108.40.206
South Africa Cape Town 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168
You won't get high ping if play with local region server. But what if all Dota 2 servers locate outside of your region. You might meet lags in game, which will affect the game. Well now you can check your ping to all of Dota 2 servers before selecting which Server to play.
- Click on Start Menu.
- Type cmd and hit Enter. This should open a command prompt.
- Type in the command:ping <ip-address> and hit Enter. Eg: ping 22.214.171.124
- The average time will be the approximate ping.
If all servers give high ping, resort to a VPN. You choose choose some VPNs that provide free accounts. You can check ping on these trial version. If the speed not meet your needs, you don't need to pay for it. Here I would like to recommend FlyVPN, containing servers in different locations and offer free VPN accounts everyday. Below is a brief guide on how to setup VPN.
- Download FlyVPN client from https://www.flyvpn.com/download.
- After installed, run it, a window will pop up require to enter account. Use their free VPN username and password.
- Click the server you want to use, then tap Connect button. The servers in these two accounts are different, so login with another trial account if you can't find the server you need.
- Once connected, you can check ping with the method mentioned above.