Black Desert Online trailer & Alpha test
Black Desert Online has been regarded as one of the most visually stunning MMORPGs of 2015 and it's finally coming to Western regions. After years of development, beta testing, and localized international launches, there's a new trailer announced by Daum Games. It will be playable at Paris Games Week. Daum Games will host an Alpha test to put the game through its paces at that time. The focus of this Alpha test is client configuration and server integration. PC MMORPG Black Desert Online trailer showing off the gorgeous game engine and gameplay.
Alpha Schedule (live server time)
- 08:00 / 20:00 CEST (26th October / 1st November)
- 12:00 / 24:00 EDT (26th October / 1st November)
- 07:00 / 19:00 PDT (26th October / 1st November)
Black Desert Western server
The western title is Black Desert Online, and Daum Games said European and North American with the full release expected in early 2016. While unlike its free-to-play Korean server, the developers are employing a buy-to-play model for the North America and Europe release. It will require a one-time upfront box price, like Guild Wars, with optional vanity and convenience (booster) purchases. The gameplay balance and progression will be adjusted accordingly.
Things you need to know about the Alpha test
- The Alpha website will go live this Friday, October 23 and all Alpha key holders will be able to download the game.
- A limited set of keys will be made available through online communities and fan websites as well as Back Desert's official social media channels.
- If you've git an alpha key, you'll be able to grab the client on Friday at 1:37pm CEST (4:37am PDT/7:37am EDT).
- Community managers will be on-site to answer any questions and there will be a special treat for anyone who plays the game at the BDO booth.
- English will be the only language option, and many features will be locked or absent.