Origin and Steam are the popular digital game stores/platforms. They offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, and allows using VPN to change time zones. For the world release games, we usually tricky the Steam game that we are in New Zealand. The process simply involves changing one's region in Steam/Origin to New Zealand and get a free New Zealand IP address through VPN settings.
Here I list some questions you may meet when using VPN unlock games:
- Q: Will my account be banned for doing this? A: No!
- Q: Do I need to buy a VPN? A: No, there are lots of free trial VPNs.
- Q: What if my VPN have time limit? A: VPN is needed only at the beginning and at the end of the downloading. So free VPN is enough to unlock games early.
- Q: Which region should I change to? A: New Zealand will be the first territory to enter into a new day. So you can change your location to New Zealand.
- Q: Do i need to keep on VPN connection when playing the game? A: No, after unlock and launch the game, put steam into offline mode, and disable the VPN.
- Q: What if the countdown timer don't change even after I use the VPN? A: Reload the page or search the game from Google and re-enter the page.
- Q: How to speed up the downloading? A: Switch off the VPN, go back to your own Network after 5 - 10 minutes downloading.
- Q: Does this work for PS4/XBOXONE? A: No, sadly.
Haven't use a VPN? Read on the tutorials for VPN:
How to Setup VPN on Android phone, tablet
How to Setup VPN on iPhone, iPad
Free download VPN Client for Mac, Windows