- Games that can only be purchased and play by users of a certain region.
- Games that can only be purchased in a certain region but can be played even if players live outside that region.
- Games have no regional locking.
Active the key on Steam before playing the game with VPN
- Download a free VPN. Here recommend FlyVPN. Install and open the VPN setup file.
- Logging on the VPN Client. Go to their free trial page to get their free accounts if you don't have a paid VPN.
- You will see their servers listed by continents. Choose the server of the country that game available in.
- Connect to the server.
- After you IP has been changed, open Steam login and enter key.
Download the game on Steam with a VPN
- First of all, make sure you are still connected to a VPN server.
- Begin the download of your game, at least download about 10 to 20 MB.
- Cancel the VPN connection. After this, Steam will automatically switch back to your own network and IP address, and the download will continue.
Play the game on Steam without VPN
- Exit Steam after the download finished.
- Start up your VPN tool again.
- Re-enter Steam, and click to play your game.
- Close the game and exit Steam.
- Close the VPN tool.
- Start Steam.
- Go to your Steam Library and right-click your game.
- Click 'Create a shortcut on your Desktop'. You can delete the desktop shortcut after all settings done.
- Navigate to your desktop, right-click the new shortcut, and note down the number displayed at the end of the link (eg. "202411")
- Navigate to your game folder (eg. "Steam/SteamApps/common/yourgamename")
- Create a text document (.txt) in the same folder where your game's .exe file is located, with the name "steam_appid".
- Paste the number you noted earlier inside the "steam_appid" text file and save it.
- Go into Steam and click "Add a non-Steam game to my library".
- Navigate and find your game .exe file, and add it.
- You can now play your game from your Steam library without the use of a VPN.